02 August 2018

Inside a Dog It's Too Dark to Read

I belong to a Google group, LGBTQI & Disasters.
[This] group has been created to allow sharing of knowledge, information, research initiatives and anything else of interest regarding lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or intersex communities during disasters.
While in library school in the last millennium, I created a pathfinder for lesbian health resources that was picked up by various search engines and shared among librarians on the interwebs. This curated list was a subject bibliography.

I don't think library scientists talk of pathfinders anymore--now it's lib guides, blogs, or other social media. The Wikipedia library science entry on pathfinder does a good job of describing the plus and minuses of pathfinders, I think, citing the Online Dictionary for Library and Information Science for the definition. (Thank you, Joan M. Reitz, author.)

I have added the LGBTQI Disaster Management page here to fill in what I currently see as a gap in disaster information resources, one of my work interests.

Inside a dog? When the lights go out in a hurricane it's too dark to read unless one is prepared.




No comments: